Job TitleMaintenance Technician IJob Description
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains machinery and electrical equipment such as motors, electrical circuits, SICK ATR systems, baggage handling system and passenger boarding bridges in accordance with diagrams, electrical drawings, operational manuals and manufacturer's specifications, using hand tools and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Exercise safe working practice at all times, complying with Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures.
- Prepare and execute service calls, Emergency Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance
- Perform Preventive Maintenance & follow-up on Corrective Maintenance work orders
- Report service calls to management
- Advise and execute optimization of (sub) systems, consulting the supervisor, control and propose improvements for the quality of the service process.
- Analyze system performance
- Occasionally monitors system from the Control Room
- Develop service supporting tools and means
- Complete CMMS Service reports, parts usage and warranty records
- Research and request spare parts as required and also keeps track of inventory
- Works independently on preventive maintenance
- Identifies problems in planning and tooling etc. Provides input for improvements.
- Independently corrects the standard faults
- Must be able to train, instruct and gives guidance to mechanics
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in mechanical and electrical maintenance
- Requires understanding of electrical and mechanical drawings
- Valid driver's license
- Minimum 2 years of material handling experience
- Minimum 1 year CMMS experience
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Good working knowledge of high and low level control systems
- Strong leadership skills, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Fully competent and versed in operations and maintenance
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer and service oriented
- Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
- Ability to work independently
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position; 24/7 operation; 3 shifts; overtime, weekend and holiday work. Shifts can be 1st, 2nd, 3rd or mid-shift. Flexibility is required.
This person has supervisory responsibilities over all mechanics covered under the Vanderlande BHS O&M contract at any terminal at ORD. S/he will represent management when they are not present at the site and be responsible for the operation. Must be able to interface with the customer and explain any situation at hand. Also will be responsible for any contingency plan for any operational disruption or safety event.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job: Technicians work in secured baggage handling areas, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. They will be lifting parts and tools for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems. Technicians identify and fix mechanical problems with machinery, and they commonly work with greasy parts and tools, sometimes in uncomfortable positions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time as needed for the operation at the discretion of the O&M manager.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.